777 EFIS Baro and Mins issue with CS737 EFIS

Hi I’m not sure if you are aware but the Baro and Mins adjustment knobs for the PMDG 777 are not working on the CS737 EFIS, all other functions on the panel are working but not the knobs. I’ve tried with the MINS BARO fast slow option on and off in the Bridge Config>PMDG tab.

I could not find the option to switch between 2 different types of MINS/BARO knobs like in previous PMDG aircrafts. It is difficult to simulate the slow/fast type knobs with a rotary encoder hardware.

Hope this helps:
https://imgur.com/a/x7v9Vvq

Yes turn on this switch in CS Bridge will automatically add ‘RotaryMinsBaro=1’ to PMDG options.ini and aircraft .ini files, but this config entry requires PMDG to have such an option in their setup page:

MENU
PMDG SETUP
AIRCRAFT
EQUIPMENT
… PREV PAGE …
MINIMUMS…BARO…KNOBS
SLOW/FAST…ROTARY

MENU
PMDG SETUP
OPTIONS
SIMULATION
… NEXT PAGE …
MINIMUMS…&…BARO…KNOBS
REALISTIC…ROTARY

In PMDG 777 for MSFS, I could not find such an option in the PMDG SETUP page, so maybe they have dropped this feature.

Is it not possible in some way to set the baro and minimums directly as a value? And store it in a variable in the bridge software so you can increment/decrement it when you turn the knobs?

Ah I see- there used to be an option you could select in the FMS for rotary style, or turn and hold (which is what the real world knob does on both 737/777).

Why not open a ticket with PMDG Support?

https://support.pmdg.com

The folks there are very accommodating for issues such as this.

Also I noticed that the HDG SEL will not activate at first. You need to first select it from the aircraft then the HDG SEL will activate. I only did one flight in the 777 so I will test again and verify.

I opened a ticket with pmdg about the option for rotary for barometer like in the 737, here is their response.

1 Like

When can we expect this issue to be fixed?

Thanks

1 Like

I found a workaround using spad next. Let me know if anyone needs more info.