Plans for a 777 MCP

I just discovered that You announced the coming out of the 777 CDU.

I am wondering whether You are working on a 777 MCP as well… If yes, maybe You could provide a rough estimate on its release…

Regards

Wuesi

1 Like

The 777 CDU is under development and will be released soon. 777 MCP is a planned product, and there is no exact timetable at present. But I believe it will also be worth looking forward to.

1 Like

Thanks for Your reply.

I am using P3D V5 and PMDG 777 for preparation of my regular check rides. Currently I mirror the CDU via Aviaworx to an IPad. Having a dedicated CDU would be a true enhancement. As for the 777 MCP the enhancement would be even greater as manipulating the respective control elements through mouse gestures or touchscreen is complicated and and not intuitive.

Regards

Wüsi

1 Like

you are right! Our job is to make the operation more realistic. There is no doubt that a physical CDU or other operating panel would greatly enhance the flight operations experience. Based on this, we first consider the needs of users when developing products, and at the same time attach great importance to the authenticity of products. You will notice that all of our products have the same size and layout as the real aircraft. In terms of operating feel, it also strives to be consistent with real aircraft. But it could be a little difficult because the feeling is different from person to person. We will continue to invite pilots to test to optimize this feeling.

With the PMDG 777 for MSFS on the horizon, is there still plans for a 777 MCP?

Sorry, there is still no specific timeline for the development of 777 MCP.

I was under the understanding that the PMDG 737 MCP would be capable of working with the PMDG 777. Are you still going to support that configuration? Perhaps with a SPAD.Next profile?
Thanks

Our 737 MCP can support PMDG 777 in P3D. After PMDG launches MSFS 777 and provides an SDK, we can quickly increase support for MCP. You can use 737 MCP to implement 777 MCP functionality on MSFS 777 aircraft. For other aircrafts, you can also achieve similar functions through third-party software such as SPAD.next.

1 Like

Would it be possible to send an example profile for how to configure Spad.Next to use 737 MCP with a generic General Aviation autopilot? I wouldn’t know where to start but am willing to learn how to configure. Just need info to get started. Thanks